Photo by Illumene
Outdoor lighting is some of the most beautiful work we do at Illumene. Nature creates exciting lines for us to highlight and shadow. It does require quite a bit more technical expertise and intuition, because most of the time the entire event must be set up in broad daylight!
Shadowing in outdoor lighting is as critical as accentuating the space with light. It is quite often that we find ourselves dimming outdoor lighting over the course of the evening to create an intimate environment that doesn’t look too bright and overpowering against the ensuing darkness.
Some great options for outdoor lighting are:
- Uplighting trees and architecture,
– Tent lighting,
– Downlighting your tables and guest areas in flattering hues,
– Pin-spotting bars, centerpieces, and ice sculptures,
– Paper lanterns,
– String lights (market lights),
– Intelligent lighting and monogram/logo projection,